Custom scripts I use often:
- bm - allows me to bookmark directories
- filteredstacktrace - translate java stacktraces to source file paths
- findatparents - find a path at any of the parent directories
- cvsdoctor - iterates the directory tree for cvs inconsistencies
- c - a cvs management system
- rdiff - a recursive directory comparison and resolution tool
- db - a mysql database exchange management tool
- cobble - a recursive directory patch management tool
Currently, my current bin directory contains 178 bash scripts.
Needless to say, with Bash one can code circles around the average Windows / DOS / Visual Studio guy.